Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Attempting Devils Food Cake

(Ok, I'm just gonna say first off, I cheated with this one. I used a cake mix)

I didn't *plan* to bake a cake today, I was just wandering through the supermarket and this Devils Food Cake mix jumped out at me and I thought, why not!

Cake mix is easy peasy but I always feel like I'm being a cheat when I bake a cake from a mix. The bonus is though, it never fails!
So I totally forgot to take photos throughout the process but it's pretty darned simple, tip the cake mix in to a bowl, add three eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 3/4 cup water and mix with an electric beater for five minutes. Produces a deliciously rich looking batter. (The only problem I found was that my batter was a bit lumpy... This hasn't seemed to have translated in to a lumpy cake though, thank goodness.) Grease a baking lin, I used a loaf tin, pour in batter and bake in a preheated oven for 45-55 minutes. Halfway through I covered the top of the cake with tin foil so that the crust on top didn't burn, a pet hate of mine.
Frosted and covered with Skittles (my favourite lollies!) here's how it ended up.




P.S. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make that first photo *normal*...

No comments:

Post a Comment